* The Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of 16 – 24- year-olds supports businesses that would not otherwise be in a position to do so, to recruit individuals aged 16 to 24 into employment through the Apprenticeship programme.
* The Government is offering a £1500 Apprenticeship grant to employers recruiting their first apprentice.
* If you’re a small-to-medium sized business (SME) with 50 or fewer employees and you’re planning to offer your first apprenticeship in a year or longer and the candidate are aged 16 to 24 years old, then you could be eligible to claim this grant up to 5 times, once for each of up to 5 apprenticeships you offer.
ARE YOU AN EMPLOYER IN THE GREATER MANCHESTER AREA? – YOU COULD BE ENTITLED TO A LOCAL GRANT!
Greater Manchester (GM) AGE is a grant of £1500 for GM employers who recruit an apprentice where you haven’t employed an Apprentice in the previous 12 months. It replaces the national AGE offer within Greater Manchester. GM employers can apply for additional incentives each of these is worth £1000 if their Apprentice is:
* An existing Trainee progressing from a completed Traineeship to Apprenticeship within a four week period or
* An Advanced or Higher Apprenticeship.
If criteria are met for both of the additional incentives, then you may be eligible for a total grant up of £3500.
GM AGE is only available to employers with an Apprentice in a GM workplace as the model is part of the Government’s Devolution Deal for GM.
ARE YOU AN EMPLOYER IN LEEDS? – YOU COULD BE ENTITLED TO A LOCAL GRANT!
The LEEDS ENTERPRISE PARTNERSHIP has made it easier for you to employ the talent you need to grow your business with a bespoke Apprenticeship Grant package that offers small-to-medium-sized employers in West Yorkshire and York a fantastic deal.
To be eligible to claim the core grant of £1,200 per apprentice you must:
- Be based in one of the following local authority postcode areas:
The AGE grant will cease to exist on 31st July 2017. See what new employer incentives are now available here on our Apprenticeship Levy Information Page.
If you think you might be eligible, or just want to learn more about these grants and how to apply, contact us today on 0330 088 0888, and we’re happy to talk you through it!